- This chapter provides an overview of the processes, tasks and outcomes that are needed to implement a successful M&E plan.
- The M&E process should be an integral component of any planned ICT in Education program and should be factored into planning before a project starts.
- Appropriate, realistic and measurable indicators should be selected (and not too many!) to monitor outputs and outcomes.
- All major stakeholders should be identified and involved in making M&E decisions. This will avoid possible problems with buy-in and commitment later in the process.
- M&E implementation costs should not be underestimated.
- We suggest that approximately 5 to 10 percent of total project costs be set aside as a reasonable target for M&E programming.