Extended Term Consultant - Program Officer, Climate Technology Program (July 2014)
Extended Term Consultant - Program Officer, Climate Technology Program
infoDev is seeking to hire a Program Officer as an Extended Term Consultant (ETC) to work with the global and local activities of the Climate Technology Program. This position is based in Washington, DC. The application deadline is July 31, 2014.
- The Mobile Innovation Program (MIP) supports growth-oriented mobile apps businesses, by: a) Enabling entrepreneurship in the mobile industry, b) Building mobile innovation communities, and c) Researching the app economy of emerging markets.
- The Climate Technology Program (CTP) accelerates climate technology innovation and entrepreneurship in developing countries, aiming to transform climate change challenges into market opportunities.
- The Agribusiness Innovation Program (AIP) seeks to catalyze the green growth of a competitive agro-processing sector and, in turn, harness greater developmental gains in the form of inclusive and sustainable growth and job creation.
- The Access to Finance program helps high-growth startups gain access to the early-stage capital and mentorship necessary to launch businesses and thrive.
- We promote the role of Women Entrepreneurs who establish companies, spur innovation, create jobs, and the drive the charge toward gender equality in the developing world.
- Work on global activities that support indigenous innovation of technologies and business models that address local challenges presented by climate change (mitigation and adaptation)
- Work to design strategy and specific activities that link different actors and stakeholders in the international climate change community to accelerate effective commercialization of innovative technologies and business models addressing climate challenges in developing countries;
- Working with CTP Program Lead implement designed activities to link above-mentioned actors;
- Design and implement activities that link the existing and new CICs; this includes activities to facilitate more effective CIC operations and activities that link CIC client companies and markets;
- Work with the CTP Global Program Lead and CI Network Lead to ensure CTP global activities and CIC activities are properly aligned with internal (WBG) and external activities related to climate technology innovation for developing countries
- Establish and maintain good relations with relevant internal external initiatives on climate technology innovation; proactively identify and initiate collaboration projects in this area
- Work with Communications team to ensure that CTP positioning is regularly updated to reflect changes in the global climate change community
- Perform any other duties as required by the Program Manager.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline plus at least five to seven years of related Bank and/or external expertise;
- Experience in international activities that link or coordinate diverse group of stakeholders with preference given to activities that focus on private actors with results leading to technology commercialization, deployment and investment;
- Knowledge and experience in the international climate change sector, including discussion at the UN and national levels and an understanding of the different players and latest developments in this field;
- Knowledge of the clean/climate technology sector, including cycles for taking clean technologies from concept to commercialization;
- Knowledge of appropriate SME support mechanisms, including incubators/accelerators, access to finance, public policies, and linkages and eco-systems for sustainable enterprises;
- Experience working on donor-funded programs in the climate change sector;
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex, multicultural teams in a matrix management environment;
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to speak articulately and persuasively, and to write concisely;
- First-hand experience with the Bank’s trust fund processes and with implementation of trust-funded activities is a plus. Other WBG experience also preferred.
- Knowledge & Experience - Demonstrates broad knowledge of the core issues in T&C and Climate Change's strategies and policies, and promotes PSD agenda and expertise in the Regions private sector stakeholders.
- Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.