Excerpted from the infoDev publication, Using Technology to Train Teachers: Appropriate Uses of ICT for Teacher Professional Development in Developing Countries.
- What supports are in place to help teachers successfully implement what they are learning in TPD?
- Which of the critical supports identified in this section could be addressed to improve project implementation?
- Which organizations within the education system, such as district offi ces, teacher training colleges, or universities, can provide follow-up support for TPD in schools?
- In what ways can existing ICT infrastructure, including mobile phones and radio, support follow-up for current or planned TPD?
- Is the technical-support capacity for ICT-enabled TPD located primarily in the private sector, in government, or in schools? How can that capacity be augmented?
- Teacher Incentives
- Supporting TPD in Schools
- Follow-up Support
- Follow-up and Communications
- Mobile Phones as Support Tools
- Support from School Leadership
- Support from the Community
- Community Support for IRI
- Technical Support
- Collaborative Support
- Infrastructural Support for TPD
- Web Resources
Please also see the related Implementation Brief.