infoDev (www.infodev.org) is a global partnership program within the World Bank Group which works at the intersection of innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship to create opportunities for inclusive growth, job creation and poverty reduction. infoDev assists governments and technology-focused small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow jobs, improve capacity and skills, increase access to finance and markets, ensure the appropriate enabling policy and regulatory environment for business to flourish, and test out innovative solutions in developing country markets. We do this in partnership with other development programs, with World Bank/IFC colleagues, and with stakeholders from the public, private, and civil society sectors in the developing world.
Duties and Accountabilities
An immediate opening exists for a Communications Associate to assist the Senior Communications Officer in various marketing and communications tasks including:
• Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox, which requires prompt responses to inquiries and routing requests to team members when appropriate.
· Sourcing, shooting, editing, and publishing of video and audio on infoDev’s activities.
· Contributing to infoDev’s presence in social networking spaces such as Facebook and LinkedIn, and contributing to the team’s Twitter account.
· Assist with the production and monitoring of communications materials (brochures, flyers, posters, templates) and publications and coordinate with current and new vendors to ensure timely execution of design and print jobs. Plan and execute straightforward design jobs (such as powerpoint templates, simple flyers, one-pagers) self.
· Establish, update and manage a relevant photo library for infoDev, for website use, publications and communications materials. Actively reach out to partners and colleagues for acquiring new photo materials.
· Assist with website content production and maintenance; perform as back-up person for the web master.
· Helps with editing and rewriting announcements, releases, website blurbs, briefs.
· Work with the Sr. Communications Officer to identify and organize outreach opportunities for infoDev externally and within the World Bank system. Assist with events planning, including programming, logistics, marketing, and follow-up.
· Jointly with the web master, create and manage a global calendar of events (a calendar posted on website) to track and plan for communications events and activities such as launches, relevant external and internal conferences / seminars, publications, major deliverables such as the Annual Report, flagship publications.
· Create and manage an internal live calendar of events, publications, external activities that feeds into the live calendar of the communications unit of the Bank’s Financial and Private Sector Development Network.
· Create standard logo / brand templates for the team for PPT presentations, releases, briefs and other materials and help to distill more refined branding guidelines for infoDev. Provide practical help to the team with implementing these guidelines.
· Routinely gather and monitor information from inside and outside sources about infoDev and its work, and report regularly on current events, activities, and thinking on issues relevant to infoDev.
· Assist with the organization of large events and other special projects on an as-needs basis.
· This position requires flexibility and a “team-player” mentality. The assistant’s role will develop further as other relevant tasks are defined by the Communications Officer.
The Communications Assistant will report to the Senior Communications Officer, Angela Bekkers, and be engaged from end of October, 2011 to 29 June 2012 (estimated: 120 business days), and will work closely with the unit’s web master.
• A relevant (BA / BS) degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing / Advertising, International Relations/Public Affairs, Graphic Design or other related field, with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant communications experience.
• Excellent writing, visual, and organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Experience with the production process of marketing materials and / or publications.
• Experience in event management; i.e. help with the organization of seminars, roundtables, press events or conferences.
• Proven ability writing and editing for the web.
• Highly desirable: ability in image creation and manipulation, and preparing documents for publication using such applications as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
• Positive, energetic, and self-starting work attitude, willingness to work within a distributed team environment.
• Knowledge of the goals and mission of the World Bank Group and infoDev.
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other foreign languages (Spanish, French) is desired.
Please send resume and short statement of interest to Angela Bekkers at email@example.com