Duties and Accountabilities
An immediate opening exists for a Web Master to assist the Senior Communications Officer in various online communications tasks including:
• Day-to-day management of www.infodev.org, and help with the online platform www.idisc.net including managing outside vendors, liaising with IT staff, and the World Bank’s Office of Information Security (OIS) when relevant, and responsibility for content maintenance.
• Overseeing and implementing web redesign work that serves the information needs of infoDev; working closely with the Senior Communications Officer, TTLs, and web design vendors to deliver and implement changes to the current site when necessary.
• Review, edit, and write content for web publication.
• Analyze the site from a technical and user perspective and look for opportunities and potential gaps in online communication activities, and work to improve those areas.
• Website content production and maintenance: produce weekly website stories (‘highlights’); keep topic page content up to date; deepen existing content by publishing relevant and suitable presentations, project concept notes, and other project material; source and publish appropriate images; proactively sourcing and creating relevant content.
• Active photo research for web and social media purposes, managing the structure, consistency, look and feel, and interactivity features of the infoDev suite of websites.
• Sourcing, shooting, editing, and publishing of video and audio on infoDev’s activities.
• Contributing infoDev’s presence in social networking spaces such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and integrating them into the main website.
• Prepare monthly web traffic summaries based on targeted objectives, and proactively work with the Sr. Communications Officer to track progress, spot opportunities, and understand and address issues.
• Be the first focal point for web governance and web security issues and handle relations with the WBG’s OIS and Web Program Office (WPO).
• Draft a monthly newsletter to infoDev’s stakeholders. Work with the Sr. Communications Officer to overhaul the current newsletter and make it more readable, including drafting or composing talking points for a monthly message from infoDev’s Program Manager.
• This position requires flexibility and a “team-player” mentality. The web master’s role will be a central one in the overall team, and depending on performance, this could lead to a more permanent contract.
The Web Master will report to the Senior Communications Officer, Angela Bekkers, and be engaged on a full-time basis from November 2011 through June 2012.
• University degree in Communications, Information Systems / Web Management, Web / Graphic Design, Online Publishing, Marketing / Advertising, or related disciplines, with a minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience.
• Strong background in Web management and web editing, and a track record in planning and implementing Web redesigns or online improvement trajectories.
• Ability to manage an online editorial process, conceptualize, and produce quality content.
• Extensive experience in producing for the web, or online marketing, site analytics.
• In-depth knowledge of various Content Management Systems (CMS) and the most up-to-date web design / web programming systems.
• Extensive knowledge of and work experience in Social Media applications
• Highly Desirable: work experience in desktop publishing (Adobe Illustrator, In Design, and Photoshop) and graphic design experience.
• Handling business relationships with specialized external vendors, managing ‘first-line’ multiple budgets simultaneously.
• Desirable: solid knowledge of current discussions in the WBG about web security and web governance, as exercised by the Bank’s OIS and WPO.
• Very strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Ability to work capably under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment.
• Fluency in English is required.
Please send resume and short statement of interest to Angela Bekkers at firstname.lastname@example.org