Excerpted from the infoDev publication, Using Technology to Train Teachers: Appropriate Uses of ICT for Teacher Professional Development in Developing Countries.
- What are the needs of teachers in our country, and how will teacher professional development (TPD) address these needs?
- Which of the three models of TPD are most appropriate to the needs of our teachers?
- Which models are currently being used in our schools?
- How can ICTs improve and extend current or projected TPD efforts?
- Understanding Professional Development
- Professional Development vs. Training
- Making TPD Effective
- Building Teachers’ Computers Skills
- Successful Approaches to Computers in TPD
- What is Technology Integration?
- Learner-centered TPD
- Professional Development Models
- The Cascade Model
- Strengthening the Cascade Approach in Tajikistan
- Addressing Women in TPD
- Site-based TPD
- Self-directed TPD
- Web Resources
Please also see the related Implementation Brief.