|Project:||Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP)|
|Location:||CARICOM (minimum of 6 countries)|
|Duration:||3 - 4 Years|
|Expected Start Date:||January 2015|
|Contract Type:||One (1) Year Renewable|
|Deadline:||December 19, 2014 at 05:00 pm (GMT -5)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The project manager has the responsibility for providing managerial leadership to the overall project and will manage the implementation, execution and expansion of the regional Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP) across at least 6 partner Caribbean countries.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and skills in negotiation and conflict resolution, as well as in organizational administration and planning.
The candidate should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- A business degree or a business oriented degree in science or engineering from a recognised educational institution.
- Strong knowledge and experience of mobile industry ecosystem, and preferably a strong interest in mobile applications development and content targeting emerging markets.
- Active involvement in technology start-up or developer communities, initiatives and/or other activities supporting the development of mobile innovation ecosystems.
- Strong mobile and entrepreneurial experience, preferably having developed mobile applications and started and/or run a business.
- 5 years of management experience and/or a proven track record of general management
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to motivate and lead teams and engender trust, both locally and through online environments.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is for an initial period of 12 months, subject to renewal.
Full details and ToR are available at http://www.uwiconsulting.com/vacancies
Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating your suitability for this assignment and your proposal on how to conduct it, to UWI Consulting Inc. (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Make sure to write the following on your Subject line: “Application for Manager - Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project”. The deadline to apply is December 19, 2014 05:00 PM, GMT-5.