Evaluation of ICT-supported Teacher Professional Development
Download now (112 KB)
Excerpted from the infoDev publication, Using Technology to Train Teachers: Appropriate Uses of ICT for Teacher Professional Development in Developing Countries.
- Which ICT-supported initiatives include teacher professional development? How can their evaluation be enhanced to build understanding of teachers’ needs, barriers to success,
and eff ective approaches?
- Which initiatives have plans in place for impact evaluation? How can these plans be leveraged to strengthen capacity for project evaluation?
- What will be done with the results of these evaluations?
- Key Concepts in Project Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Defined
- Evaluation Concepts
- Evaluation as Part of a TPD Plan
- Creating and Conducting Evaluations
- Formative Evaluation and IRI
- Key Steps in Evaluating Projects
- Additional Suggestions
- Web Resources
By Edmond Gaible and Mary Burns.