As part of its Mobile Innovation Program, infoDev developed the concept of the Mobile Innovation Roadshow with the overall objective to stimulate the development of an innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem for mobile applications enterprises by introducing business and technical concepts relevant to startups in the mobile industry via a series of short events. The Roadshow was developed in partnership between The Southern Africa Innovation Support (SAIS) program and infoDev. SAIS is a program funded by the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) that seeks to boost innovation in Southern Africa.
- EPIC Fact Sheet June 2014 (PDF: 1,744KB)
- Caribbean CIC Business Plan DRAFT - Full Text (PDF: 1,744KB)
- Diaspora Investing: The Business and Investment Interests of the Caribbean Diaspora (PDF: 5,911KB)
- Reaching Entrepreneurs through Alternate Models (PDF: 1,826KB)
infoDev launches a new report on lessons learned from a virtual incubation pilot in Vietnam. Virtual incubation aims to bring services and tools provided by traditional business incubation to the entrepreneur, in contrast to the entrepreneur availing those services and tools at a fixed location. In addition, understanding that an entrepreneur has varying needs, virtual incubation provides a more diverse range of these services and tools. This includes outreach services, drop-in services and facilities, online tools, consultancy, mentoring, and networking. The pilot project focused on Vietnam and aimed to assess the cost-effectiveness, sustainability, and impact of services and tools provided to entrepreneurs through this intervention.
- Download Full Report (PDF: 4,395KB)
This report is an assessment of the overall effects of infoDev’s mobile application labs (mLabs). mLabs are specialized mobile business incubation and acceleration facilities offering physical workspace, mentoring and coaching, devices for mobile application testing, training, and startup competitions. mLabs were designed as pilot projects under the Creating Sustainable Businesses in the Knowledge Economy (CSBKE) program and have since become part of infoDev’s Mobile Innovation Program.
infoDev publishes a new report that assesses the mobile applications sector in Afghanistan. Afghanistan has witnessed extraordinary growth in the ICT and mobile sectors, with increasing private sector investments, a growing user population in terms of devices and services and a government that actively supports and promotes the industry. Initial findings from the study reveal a promising terrain to stimulate the app economy; for example, the existence of a dynamic mobile industry, increasingly affordable internet access, a pioneering landscape for entrepreneurship, and a strong commitment from donors and the government of Afghanistan.
- Promoting Agribusiness Innovation in Nepal (PDF: 3,522KB)
- The Agribusiness Innovation Center of Mozambique (PDF: 24,772KB)
- Brazil Case study (PDF: 1,795KB)
- Chile Case study (PDF: 867KB)
- India Case study (PDF: 667KB)
- Malaysia Case study (PDF: 689KB)
- Mexico Case study (PDF: 648KB)
- Mozambique Case study (PDF: 690KB)
- Timbali Case study (PDF: 636KB)
- Uganda Case study (PDF: 690KB)
- India Case study (PDF: 806KB)
- Indonesia Case study (PDF: 648KB)