The workshops are based on the successful methodology used in infoDev's Mekong Women's Entrepreneurship Challenge, and will use a combination of facilitated peer-learning and experiential training to assist Caribbean entrepreneurs to address the following questions:
- How do you define your market opportunity and quantify potential demand?
- How do you test your product/service in the market?
- How do you develop a unique service proposition (USP), and position your business competitively?
Caribbean entrepreneurs will benefit from the workshop as they will:
Work strategically on their business in a supportive environment, particularly to:
- Refine their market opportunities;
- Better understand how to test for market acceptance;
- Quantify the potential demand for their product/service; and
- Review their business’s unique selling proposition (USP) to improve, if necessary, their competitive edge.
- Interact with fellow women entrepreneurs who face or have faced similar challenges, so that they can learn from each other’s experiences.
- Be a part of an exciting new network of highly-motivated, growth- and innovation-focused women entrepreneurs across the Caribbean.
Following these workshops, participants will be invited to apply for the 2nd stage of WINC’s “Grow your Business” process where a limited number of successful applicants will benefit from one-on-one business coaching over a period of 3 months.
The GyB workshops will be piloted in Barbados and Jamaica initially, with the aim of holding them on other islands where there is demand:
Workshop in Barbados: 16th-18th September 2013
- Open to entrepreneurs from Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Workshop in Jamaica: 23rd-25th September 2013
- Open to entrepreneurs from Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Belize, Montserrat, and St. Kitts and Nevis.
Costs of travel and accommodation for women from other countries to participate in these workshops will be covered by the World Bank.
How to apply
We encourage you to apply if:
- You are a woman entrepreneur and/or the CEO or Manager of a woman-owned or woman-led business based in a CARICOM country*;
- You are eager to grow your market share and product portfolio in your quest to substantially expand your business locally and/or abroad;
- You are open to innovative methods, business approaches, and new products and processes that could be applied to your business to drive its growth;
- You are open to using ICTs and/or incorporating technology to expand the operations of your business;
- You are eager to benefit from business coaching support;
- You are seeking opportunities to meet and learn from other successful entrepreneurs; and
- You have a strong desire to help and assist others in WINC's community of women entrepreneurs on their journey to success.
To apply, complete WINC’s online form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WINCSignUpForm by midnight EST on 20th August 2013. If you are unable to access this form, email email@example.com and you will be sent a Word document version along with instructions.
Additionally, WINC will be holding two group calls before the submission deadline for potential applicants who would like support with the Sign-Up Form: Monday 12th August at 4pm EST and Friday 16th August at 4pm EST. Dial in: (+1 203) 480-7371, and enter participant code: 8683717 when prompted.
* Your business must be based in one of EPIC’s countries: Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago. Haiti is not covered by EPIC as it is the focus of other bilateral programs with the Canadian government.