Excerpted from the infoDev publication, Using Technology to Train Teachers: Appropriate Uses of ICT for Teacher Professional Development in Developing Countries.
- How can the country’s educational system best take advantage of the many international resources in online TPD?
- Are there educators in the country who are using computers and have the skills to benefit from online TPD courses?
- Which model—self-directed, online TPD courses, or online TPD communities—is most appropriate for the local situation?
- Modes of Online TPD
- Open and Distance Learning
- Face-to-face vs. Online TPD
- Self-directed Online TPD
- Overcoming Challenges in Self-directed Learning:Turhan Alnitemiz
- Commonwealth Electronic Network for Schools and
- Online TPD Courses
- Connect-ED Uganda
- WIDE World
- Online TPD Communities
- Development vs Recurrent Costs for Online TPD
- Web Resources