Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
infoDev (www.infodev.org) is a global partnership program in the Financial and Private Sector Development Network of the World Bank Group. Its mission is to enable innovative entrepreneurship for sustainable, inclusive growth and employment in developing countries. To support its communications and network functions, infoDev manages relatively autonomously a set of websites, including infodev.org, idisc.net and the more static knowledge sites ictregulationtoolkit.org and ictinagriculture.org. infoDev is looking to redevelop especially infodev.org and idisc.net websites which were originally launched in 2006 and are served by a proprietary content management system, operated by its original web designer. The need to redefine and transform the infoDev web presence originates from the goals of unifying the infoDev brand, increasing engagement with stakeholders, communicating the infoDev story, and establishing infoDev as a leader in providing tools for technology entrepreneurship and innovation in order to create jobs and sustainable livelihoods. Secondary, the new web platform should be Drupal-based (open source).
An external firm will be hired for web development and web design. The whole infoDev organization is committed to improving its web presence and sees it as a top priority for showcasing our work and engaging our audiences. We are looking for the right person to lead this ambitious project.
Duties and Accountabilities
An immediate opening exists for a Web Redesign Project Coordinator to take on the following tasks:
I. Project management
- Coordinate the web redesign process; coordinate the design phase as well as the data migration phase; Keep the project running on time and on budget
- Establish standards, guidelines, checklists and processes for effective project management
- Guide the selection and procurement process of web design company / external vendor
- Be focal point / coordinator for web design company
- Facilitate project kickoff and phase meetings with the external vendor and infoDev staff, communicating project expectations and deliverables
- Lead the consultation process (focus group) within infoDev and with key players outside infoDev to measure the quality of initial, intermediary and final designs
- Lead the clearance processes with the World Bank’s Office of Information Security (OIS) and Web Program Office (WPO); be the primary liaison during the redesign project with OIS and WPO
II. Coordinator Design Phase
- By working with the external vendor, define and implement the future visual identity, information architecture, user experience and online engagement for the new infoDev online platform
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design and ensure that the design project follows those principles.
III. Coordinator Data Migration Phase
- Manage and guide the transition of infoDev / iDisc content from the current web to the new web publishing platform; make a detailed plan and staff, execute
- Engage and work with infoDev program units to prepare their transition to the new web and ensure that the transition of relevant and valuable data is assured.
- Coordinate the transfer of data sets and technology from existing proprietary CMS to new web platform; collaborate with current web host.
- Provide training and support to infoDev web staff on the new web CMS.
The STC / Web Redesign Project Coordinator will report to the Senior Communications Officer, Angela Bekkers, and be engaged from September / October 2012 onwards.
• Masters degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years experience in Information Management and Web environment. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is minimum requirement.
• Ample experience in leading web redesign / web migration projects; must have managed multiple web transformation projects in an international environments
• Knowledge of program level planning and execution best practices.
• Excellent project management skills required. Strong experience in handling business relationships with specialized external vendors, managing ‘first-line’ multiple budgets simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under pressure without direct supervision, working both independently and with a team.
• Extensive knowledge of and work experience in Social Media applications
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving are required.
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail.
• Desirable: solid knowledge of current discussions in the WBG about web security and web governance, as exercised by the Bank’s OIS and WPO.
• Ability to work capably under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation
• Fluency (oral, written) in English is required
Please send resume and short statement of interest to Angela Bekkers at firstname.lastname@example.org and Roberto Pena (email@example.com)