The TA will lead and implement all logistical and travel requirements of infoDev sponsored speakers/guests to the 5th Global Forum on Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship to be held from May 28 – 30, 2013 in South Africa. The position is based in Washington D.C. The TA is expected to support the Global Forum team with all logistical planning and implementation of activities leading to, during, and after the event.
infoDev (www.infodev.org) is a global multi-donor partnership program in the Financial and Private Sector Development Network of the World Bank Group. Its mission is to enable innovative entrepreneurship for sustainable, inclusive growth and employment in developing countries. A flagship event of infoDev is the biennial Global Forum (GF) on Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship. The upcoming GF will be held in East London, South Africa, from May 28 – 30, 2013 and is an event co-organized by infoDev and the South African Department of Science and Technology, with the city of East London as host.
The Global Forum on Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship is organized every two years. It convenes infoDev’s global innovation and technology entrepreneurship community to share knowledge and establish partnerships that serve to accelerate the start-up and growth of innovative enterprises in developing countries. More than 500 participants from more than 60 countries typically attend these events, representing business incubators, entrepreneurs, financiers, policymakers and development institutions.
The project management team handling the GF includes infoDev’s Sr. Communications Officer as Task Team Leader (TTL), a Global Forum Task Manager (Operations Officer) and a Communications Associate, with help from a Program Assistant. The Team Assistant will work under the close supervision of the Program Assistant.
Duties and accountabilities
Specifically, the Team Assistant will perform the following:
- Lead all travel logistics and requirements for infoDev sponsored speakers/participants. This will include assistance in visa processing requests, ensuring that hotel reservation, airline booking and airport pickup (if necessary) are arranged. Submit trip requests in the travel system;
- Process travel reimbursements/statement of expenses (SOEs) after the event, in compliance with WB policies and procedures;
- Liaise with the travel and logistical operations team hired by the South African co-organizer to ensure travel arrangements for all speakers and participants for the Global Forum are completed;
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning related to the Global Forum. This will include organizing meetings and liaising with donors, invitees, and external participants, with regard to invitations, travel, hotel, and other logistics;
- On the ground trouble-shooting and guiding of participants at the actual Global Forum in May 2013;
- Assist the Program Assistant in various administrative tasks as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree or associate degree combined with some relevant practical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to execute business processes involving diverse and intricate work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.- Strong client relations and public diplomacy skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
- Willingness to travel possibly to South Africa and spend some time on the ground ahead of the Global Forum.
- Proficient English skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
To apply: Please send resume and short statement of interest to Rachel Fano at email@example.com