infoDev is seeking a Team Assistant (TA) on a short-term temporary (STT) basis to support two key infoDev ongoing programs, the infoDev Independent Evaluation and the Creating Sustainable Businesses in the Knowledge Economy Program (CSBKE).
infoDev (www.infodev.org) is a global multi-donor partnership program in the Financial and Private Sector Development Network of the World Bank Group. Its mission is to enable innovative entrepreneurship for sustainable, inclusive growth and employment in developing countries.
As a World Bank Global Trust Funded Program, infoDev undergoes periodic independent evaluations to assess the effectiveness, relevancy and efficiency of its work, and to determine their strategic positioning for the future. Independent evaluations of infoDev were done in 1999, 2002 and 2007. Another independent evaluation is now in progress, with results to be presentedin 2013. In this context, the team is looking for a Team Assistant to help support the team with task related to the evaluation.
The CSBKE program is a USD20 million trust funded program and is currently in its third year of implementation. The program is global but its main focus is on activities in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe and Central Asia improving the productive capacity of enterprises, particularly SMEs, as engines for sustainable and equitable development. The program incorporates a number of creative and cutting-edge activities, such as mobile applications laboratories, social networks, access to finance and market mechanisms for technology SMEs and innovative agribusiness value chains.
For tasks related to the independent evaluation, the TA will work closely and report to Diletta Doretti and Anushka Thewarapperuma, who are leading this effort from the infodev side under the supervision of infoDev’s Program Manager, Valerie D’Costa.
For tasks related to CSBKE the TA will work closely with the full team and report to Anushka Thewarapperuma under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, Ellen Olafsen.
Duties and accountabilities
Specifically, the Team Assistant will perform the following:
- Liaise with the firm conducting the independent evaluation to set up aseries interviews with key infoDev’s program partners and World Bank staff. The list of people to be interviewed will be provided by the infodev team and the TA will be responsible for drafting emails, contact offices of the people to be interviewed to set times, prepare and update interview schedule and notify Universalia and the infodev team of any potential change in schedule.
- Assist the team preparing/collating any relevant background materials to be sent to the interviewees, prior to the interview.
- Assist the TTLs and Task Manager with day-to-day coordination activities of bank-executed and recipient-executed activities. This includes record keeping in World Bank systems, initiating hiring, and closing completed activities in related systems.
- Coordinate with grantees to ensure timely submission of financial and progress reports.
- Assist with other tasks that may be required by the program team.
- Undergraduate degree or associate degree combined with some relevant practical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to execute business processes involving diverse and intricate work procedures related to the
processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient English skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using
proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
Please send resume and short statement of interest to Rachel Fano at email@example.com